Thursday, August 02, 2007

our masthead

i've been meaning to compliment ben on his design skills. or maybe just choice of template. i'd really like to know the story behind it. a battery, 24 (the tv show?, the number of hours of blogtime the battery will provide us?), a map (kind of looks like the map of the MAX lines), grapes? or is it cannabis? ok, i guess it's not cannabis. i think the iridescent blue is just reminiscent of a black light poster, and are those railroad tracks? seriously, what is going on? can somebody please explain it to me?

3 comments:

Ben Moral said...

It was the most futuristic looking template I could find. I don't know why, but I associate racquetball strongly with the future.

hr said...

me too! but maybe a future that was envisioned in the 1970s. racquetball is the sport of the future!

hr said...

also, in the future we will only eat grapes and travel by rail.